Hello

My prayer is that I will grow closer to Christ through my reflections.



Friday, March 19, 2010

After three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions, and all who heard him were astounded at his understanding and his answers. When his parents saw him, they were astonished, and his mother said to him, “Son, why have you done this to us? Your father and I have been looking for you with great anxiety.” And he said to them, “Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father’s house?” But they did not understand what he said to them. He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was obedient to them.
Lk 2


Lord every time I hear this story I think about how Mary and Joseph must have felt. Parenting brings not only great joys but also great worries. I so wish that I could "fix" my children's problems and concerns. Yet, I know how much I have learned and grown from dealing with my own problems. I would not want to remove the wisdom that they will gain from their life experiences. How hard it must be for You to have given us free will. Help me to know the right things to say and the right things to do or not do (as the case may be). Help me to remember that as much as I love them, You love them infinitely more. Please send each one the grace and wisdom to lead their lives according to Your plan. I know that only when this happens will we find true happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment