Hello

My prayer is that I will grow closer to Christ through my reflections.



Sunday, February 21, 2010

Be with me, Lord, when I am in trouble.
Because he clings to Me, I will deliver him; I will set him on high because he acknowledges My name. He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in distress; I will deliver him and glorify him.
Be with me, Lord, when I am in trouble.
Ps 91


pride,
covetousness (also known as avarice or greed),
lust,
anger,
gluttony 1 : excess in eating or drinking 2 : greedy or excessive indulgence
envy: 1 : painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage
sloth (acedia): 1. disinclination to action or labor 2. spiritual apathy and inactivity


Be with me Lord when I am in trouble, be with me Lord I pray. I know I have an unhealthy attachement to sweets. Help me to see them as one of your good gifts and not as a need.
Be with me Lord when I am in trouble, be with me Lord I pray. Is my feelings of being less or inadequate based in envy? Help me Lord to see the truth.
Be with me Lord when I am in trouble, be with me Lord I pray. I am to inactive both spiritually and physically. Help me to have self discipline, interest and energy.
Guide me to be the person you want me to be.

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to examine our faults... It's even more difficult to try to overcome those faults. And more difficult still to verbalize them to someone else. Good for you, Momma! I pray that you will find the strength and courage to grow. I love you!

    ReplyDelete